Monday, January 18, 2010

Winter Skies

Well the snow has finally disappeared from our part of the UK, and the temperatures are definitely milder! It made for a very pretty and festive Christmas and New Year though - I hope everyone had a good break! :)

My first job after the holidays was to give the workroom a bit of a spring clean after all the frenzied productivity coming up to Christmas. I often start projects and then lose interest or get distracted by something else - I found these long teardrop frames in one of my storage boxes and decided to finally finish them!


I've coiled round the frames and added a swirl of fine silver and some tiny sterling beads. We had a little hint of sunshine this morning with the palest blue sky, which inspired the soft colour combination. I've used scapolite beads in a diamond shape which have a beautiful cut and subtle pale gold colour with lots of sparkle, tiny mystic blue briolettes and black diamond Swarovski crystals.

These should be up in my Etsy shop soon!

6 comments:

Coburg Crafts said...

These are stunning, Maz.

Anna Brookman said...

These are so pretty! I love them!

Anonymous said...

Wow, they are beautiful!!!!

Melissa M (Lagaz) said...

Beautiful Maz!!

Moonflower20 said...

Truly beautiful! You do amazing work!

Maz Simpson said...

Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails