Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Japanese Rose Earrings - Week 5 - Amari

A few days ago I spotted this sunshine yellow pompom on the kerria japonica shrub in my garden. A very early bloom - normally this doesn't start flowering until late March/April, so a real taste of spring! Alas it wasn't to last... just as I was thinking maybe it was time to dig out my gardening gloves and grab a trowel to do a spot of weeding... along came the frost and the fog! So out came the woolly gloves instead... :-(

So my lovely spring-inspired earrings are a little premature... but I still like them! I've soldered twisted wire filigree shapes to half-moon frames, added fine trace chains, faceted lemon quartz marquise drops and sunny yellow citrine.

4 comments:

Clare said...

They are simply beautiful :)

Unknown said...

wow those are beautiful and so is the flower

Claudia said...

oh Gosh!!! You are an incredible awesome artist!!!
You have made really beautiful earrigs, so elegant and refined, just love them...

Nia said...

I know I've said it before Maz, but your jewellery is truly aspirational, it's a joy to look at it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails