Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Renaissance


Something a bit different from me - and oxidised for a change! This sort of evolved really, from the basic cross shape I originally had in mind I added lots of detail - balled fine wire swirls on the inside, and picot beading on the corners of the cross ends.

In the centre is flashy blue labradorite, with sterling beads and mystic quartz briolettes. Pretty as it looked all shiny, it was crying out to be oxidised, so after much deliberation I took the plunge and dipped it, then polished to a soft antique finish.

3 comments:

CHRIS LINACRE said...

Maz that is stunning! I think it will sell quickly. I'm curious about your next creation now
xx Chris

Liz said...

Wow Maz, that is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Pop over to my blog, there's an award there for you :)

Liz x

Raka said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my pieces. Your jewellery is wonderful!
I'm always afraid to oxidize, I've tried it a few times, but it was nothing like the stuff shown on Etsy, etc, so for now I'm staying shiny :)
I'll add your blog to the list of jewellery blog friends, if you feel like it, you can link to mine too :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails