Saturday, May 05, 2007

Amazonite and Apatite






I'm really into blues and greens at the moment - must be thinking about summer holidays and pining for the sea! These amazonite beads I bought recently are so pretty.. the colours range from pale aqua through to turquoise and deep charcoal grey. Every bead is different - each one reminds me of a miniature painting of a seascape!

Not wanting to detract from the beauty of these stones by doing anything complicated with this bracelet, I've simply teamed them with polished apatite tumblestones and some tiny sterling silver beads. The apatite has a beautiful rich turquoise colour and really brings out the blues in the amazonite beads. And just to complete the geometric theme I've finished off with a shiny textured square toggle clasp in sterling silver.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails