Monday, October 01, 2007

First Attempt at Soldering!

I spent most of yesterday de-junking the shed - just so that I could set up work space for soldering! (We have a parrot in the house, so fumes of any kind are potentially lethal). Great motivation though, I've been putting that job off for months!

These are just simple soldered rings, about 15mm in diameter, sterling silver. One or two are slightly blobby in places, but I got better as I went along. I'm really pleased - you never know how you're going to get on with a new technique, but this was fun!

3 comments:

Gemheaven said...

Yay well done after my course over the weekend I hopelly will be joining you with soldering galore!!
Jo
xx

Clare said...

Good job, your results are very neat. :)

Melissa M (Lagaz) said...

Great job on the soldering Maz. That's something that I would like to try also. Did you take a course on that, or are you self-taught? Love your new earrings. I really like the Peridot green ones. And I didn't know that Peridot could come in a clear form. Wow. I learned something new today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails