Sunday, October 28, 2007

Victorian Lace - Spinel Earrings


These took me twice as long as they should have done... oh, the joys of trying out new techniques!! ;-) My original idea wasn't workable (maybe when I've had more practice!), so a lot of adaptations later and these are the final result!

These are actually part-soldered, mostly wrapped! I am at least practising my soldering skills, which are getting better. I just need to set myself some limitations sometimes, and not try to run before I can walk!

The filigree work is made from twisted wire jump rings - I've had some for a while that were very soft and not really strong enough to be useful! I've been contemplating putting them in the tumbler to harden, but then decided to try this idea first. I know what to do with the rest of them now.

The beautiful stones in the centre are faceted spinel - the colours are gorgeous. I was waiting for the right project to come along to use them in, I'm happy with these! :-)

2 comments:

Gemheaven said...

wow oh wow oh wow!!!

Fabulous Maz I've been waiting for you to post these

JO
xx

Clare said...

Beautiful, I love the use of the twisted wire jump rings and the spinel stones. The ornamental shape must have been difficult to create.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails